Friday, November 10, 2006

Cast Iron

I think way back I did a review on cast iron pans. I love cast iron cookware and I think everyone should be using it. I bought my cast iron pan a few years ago and it's what I use the most out of all my cookware. I used to use Teflon but got tired of having to be so delicate with them. Plus I am sure Teflon is not one of the major food groups. I know some of it was getting into my food.
My mother is actually the one that introduced me to cast iron. She had on particular pan for like 20 years. Can't say my Teflon would ever last that long. I am sure I will have my cast iron pan 20 years from now. I have also heard that cast iron is beneficial to your health because the iron that comes off in the food is good for you.
I don't have any stainless steel cookware but I think I would also like it almost as much as cast iron. I have heard good things about stainless steel. Actually come to think of it I do have one little stainless steep pot that I have been using for years. I really like that post because it heats up really quickly.
So don't be like I was and think that you have to buy the newest and latest cookware. The good old cast iron and stainless steel cookware are the best now and probably forever.

No comments: