Friday, November 10, 2006

Kid's Money

My kids are always complaining about how they don't have money and what they can't buy. Well, mom and dad don't have any money either. I try to encourage them to get jobs here and there from the neighbors but then they turn lazy. " I don't know how" is usually the response, even though I tell them how.
One of my daughter's friends is one of those go getter types. She wanted to take 4 dance classes but here parents didn't have the money. So she decided to use her babysitting money to pay for 2 of the classes and then called her Aunts and asked if they could cover the rest of the classes. She is now taking 4 dance classes because she didn't just sit there and say "I don't know how".
Anyway, I found this site that might help me out and maybe help someone else as well. It's called Kid's Money and it offers a whole lot of information on jobs for kids, how to handle money and tips for parents. I you are struggle with the same type of whinning check out this site.

No comments: