Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Death of Adsense

Are we becoming "Adsense -itised"? Do we really see adsense the way we used to or are these types of ads an annoyance? Speaking from a web site visitors point of view I personally feel that adsense if used properly can be useful but if it is over used can be damaging to the web site owner. Too many people are over using adsense and it is getting harder to find the true content of many websites these days.
Now speaking from an adsense users point of view, making a buck ( and I mean a buck literally) on adsense is also becoming more difficult. I have never had the kind of traffic some of the well-know bloggers or web sites have so making money using adsense is very difficult for a small fry like me. I think I have about $25 in my Adsense account that I will probably never actually get because they require you have a $100 balance before they pay :o(. PayPerPost on the other had has been completely different. My PayPerPost account is over $500 and I have already been paid $168. Reaching this amount of pay only took about a month and a half. So the difference between AdSense and PPP is that I actually make money with PayPerPost.
Will I remove all Adsense ads from my web sites and blogs? No, I might actually reach the $100 minimum in a few years ;o)and will be happy to get that unexpected check. Will AdSense soon die off and PPP type businesses emerge? I think that is where we are headed.

No comments: