Saturday, September 09, 2006

Travel Videos

"Are you gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?" After Whyatt Earp repeatedly slaps a bully of a man to submission. A quote from my husband's favorite movie, "Tombstone". I think my husband can just about quote the whole movie. I am not a big fan of violence movies but I must say that I really enjoy parts of this movie. Van Kilmer's part as Doc Holliday was the best casting decision made ever. My husband and I also thought that Kurt Russell did an excellent job as Wyatt Earp. Tombstone is loosely based on the events that took place in Tombstone, Arizona at the O.K. Corral.
Tombstone was known as one of the deadliest towns in the West during the latter half of the 19th century. It was the site of the OK Corral Gunfight. Tombstone contains the legendary Boot Hill Graveyard.

This quote is from the Estelle.tv website. At Estelle.tv you can view a glimpse of what you might see at the historic Tombstone Arizona. If you are thinking of vacationing you might want to check out this site. You can join Estelle as she discovers the sights, sounds and tastes of the various places she visits. Before planning your next trip you can learn more about the best travel destinations in the world. Estelle.tv also offers daily free podcasts. Search the large video content library offered by this site and get a better understanding of places you are going to visit or perhaps it will help find a place to vacation.

Not only would my husband love to visit the actual town where the events of the great shootout at the O.K. corral but he would probably leave with a greater understand of the events that took place. I can just see it...my husband leaving the O.K. corral with his newly purchased fake spurs, a tacky cowboy hat from the local gift shop. Tipping his hat to the ladies and spitting his chew. Then I would hear his favorite line from the movie.
"You ain't no daisy, you ain't no daisy at all."

I hope to visit this town one day but I am not sure I want to go through the embarrassment.

Check out the Travel Videos



No comments: