Monday, September 11, 2006

Hawaii

Many probably don't know this about me but I was born on the beautiful Island of Honolulu, Hawaii. My parents decided they wanted to live in Hawaii and did so for at least the first 3 years of my life. I of course don't remember much because of how young I was when we left but it is an interesting topic of conversation. My parents say they were not hippies but they sure looked like it to me in some of the pictures I have seen. My father loved to travel and as a child I visited many places. I experience many cultures. Not tourist cultures but real live native people. One thing I can really appreciate about my childhood is how my father taught us to be aware of other cultures and people. Each people and culture has something that you can appreciate. It is my hope that one day my children can experience life the way I did.
A great place to start teaching my children about appreciating other cultures would be a vacation to an place like Hawaii. Though most the culture they would see is geared to please tourists I do believe it can spark an interest for them to experience other cultures when they are grown.
Estelle.tv has yet another great place to check out on their video archives. Latin Supermodel Estelle Reyna is the host of these great videos. You can also learn a bit of history about the places that interest you and listen to their daily podcasts.
View the beauty of Waimea Canyon. Like most of Hawaii,Waimea Canyon
is absolutely breathe-taking. As I have mentioned before Estelle.tv is a great place to find search your next vacation spot. Estelle.tv is definitely a bookmark worthy web site. Visit this site and see all that you can find out about your next vacation. This could also be a useful site for your child's next school research project. Hey! That's an idea, I think I will have to remember that.



Estelle goes for a stroll then a swim on a Kauai beach.

No comments: