Saturday, September 23, 2006

Home Improvement

I live in a very nice house in a very nice neighborhood and I would almost feel ashamed to desire more. Since I am human wanting more is part of who we are so for a moment I am going to submit to my human nature and dream of more. I mention I live in a very nice house, well it is a very nice house if it were finished. We have so many unfinished projects around this house. Instead of just dreaming of having unfinished projects completed I am going to go even deeper in my dreaming. So here is my ultimate home improvement
dream...

My dream home would be at least 3000 square feet. The front of the house would be fully landscaped. A covered front porch would be the perfect spot from my white double seated rocking chair. The kitchen would have all granite countertops, hardwood floors and oak cabinets. The island in the middle would have a block wood cutting board with a overhanging pots and pans rack. All the appliances would be stainless steel. There would be top quality ceiling fans in each room and central heating and air throughout the entire house of course. All three of the kids would have their own decked out rooms. My son would probably want a comic book style theme, my oldest daughter might want a cowgirl theme and my baby daughter would love an animal theme. Would also have a school room, a game room and an office for me and an office for my husband. There is so much more to the house I would like to improve but lets move on to the horse barn.
My horse need luxury as well, don't they. My dream barn would include 4 padded stalls, completely covered with a tack room and hay shed. A misting system over the covered breeze way. Wash racks, covered area and round pen would also be a nice touch.

Dream is over, now lets get back reality. I still have a very nice house in a very nice neighborhood. One day I hope to add some wanted but not needed improvements.

No comments: