Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Credit Cards - I hate them!

Credit card companies don't make sense to me sometimes. They make it almost impossible to get pay the debt off. I suppose this is what they want to happen. You forever paying on the debt that you created. I recently transfered my balance from my Capital One credit card because they were being completely unreasonable. It's ashame to because up till this incedient I really liked the company. I rarely had a late payment in the 9 years as a customer but that didn't seem to matter to them. I had a late payment on time and of course they penalize you for this with a huge late fee and increase your promotional interest rate to the highest rate possible. I understood the late payment but I felt the increase in the interest rate was not right. So I called them and asked them to lower my back down to the promotional rate I had previously. They actually surprised me and said that they would lower my rate back to the promotion. Well, they did lower part of my balance but the other part of the balance they kept the same high rate. So I called them again and asked why this happend. They told me there was "no way" to reduce that portions interest rate. I was really upset because it didn't make a bit of sense. I have plenty of offers for lower rate cards so I threaten to switch. I don't know if she thought I was bluffing or didn't care but they didn't do anything to lower my rate. So I switched and they no longer have my debt. Am not sure it really mattered to them but it felt good for me to leave the company. Apprently what I did is called a Churn. I don't know why it's called that, I will have to look that up.

No comments: