Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tablet PC Reviews

I guess I am really behind the times because I hadn't heard of a Tablet PC until I was introduced to this reviews site. I feel very out of touch. In case you are like I was and have no idea what a Tablet PC is here is a good description I got from the Microsoft website:

Computers powered by the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system, and equipped with a sensitive screen designed to interact with a complementary pen, are called Tablet PCs. Tablet PCs are fully-functional laptop PCs and more. You can use the pen directly on the screen just as you would a mouse to do things like select, drag, and open files; or in place of a keyboard to handwrite notes and communication. Unlike a touch screen, the Tablet PC screen only receives information from a special pen. It will not take information from your finger or your shirt sleeve—so you can rest your wrist on the screen and write naturally.

By interacting directly with the screen, rather than with a mouse and keyboard, the PC becomes more comfortable and easy to use. There is no need to find a flat space on which to use your PC, nor does a vertical screen become a dividing wall between you and the person with you whom you are meeting. What's more, a Tablet PC can even be used while standing up, which is perfect for professionals on the move such as doctors, foremen, and sales managers.


When I first heard the name Tablet PC's I thought it was a European way of saying Laptop :o). Now that I stand corrected I can find out more about which Tablet PC is the best buy. I think these PC's are really cool and have something else to add to my "I want one!" list. I visited this Tablet PC Reviews site. They offers some very helpful information on finding the best Tablet PC. They also have a helpful support forums.

No comments: