Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Real Estate in Reverse

This is a great idea. BuyerHunt.com is a like a reverse MLS. Buyers decide what they are willing to buy and sellers can search for them. The MLS is the most commonly used form of search by Realtors but now a buyer can set up their own profile describing the home they are looking for and wait for a seller to contact them. I love new ideas. I think this type of search has a good chance of taking off. I do believe that it may be hard for people to take advantage of this good service because the MLS has been the way its been done for so long. It may be time for the MLS to try some new moves. Check out BuyerHunt - Real Estate in Reverse and try it out yourself.
A few years ago when we were searching for property to build on I would have appreciated a service like this. Just imagine being able have the sellers finding you based on the buying information you entered in your profile. I really like this idea. I don't plan on buying/selling any time soon but it is definitely a service I can recommend to friends and family.

No comments: